Sunday, February 15, 2009

Obedience

Sunday, February 15, 2009
Does anyone else out there with young children feel like they haven't actually heard a church message since they first started having kids despite attending every meeting every Sunday faithfully?  

I went to church with only Jason a couple of Sundays ago (the others were sick), and it was like I was attending an entirely different church.  I actually walked away thinking, "Oh yeah, that light and uplifting feeling is how I used to feel every Sunday when leaving church.  That feeling is the reason most people go to church."  It was nice.

These days, all I am feeling by the end of church (which, by the way, goes from 10:20 to 1:20 and ends with Sacrament Meeting -- are you serious?) is, "Oh my gosh, get me out of here before I kill one of my children!!!"  See, now that can't be the feeling God intended for me to have by attending church.

I sure hope God is giving out points for sheer obedience because that's about all I'm capable of at this point.

4 comments:

Angela said...

Funny. That is EXACTLY what I was thinking last night.

The Mathews Family said...

I hear ya! I can't believe your crazy schedule. Not only does your block cover naptime... you have sacrament last? Yuck. We finally figured something out a few months ago that works for our girls and knock on wood... sacrament meeting is actually a great experience. But, it took lots of trial and error to figure out what exactly worked for us. Good luck!
-Jessica

Herlean Family said...

I'm with you on the wanting to kill your kids by the end. It's hard. I feel like we are a circus in the middle of sacrament meeting. Hopefully, one day, the lord realizes our efforts and we are blessed for it. thank heavens for the nursery.

Adam & Ashley said...

I totally feel that way right now. Ana is extremely loud and very active so church is spent in the hallways.