Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Trails To You ...

Friday, January 29, 2010


Yesterday was a sad day in our house. We discovered that Bella's favorite place to ride had closed (El Capitan Ranch). Needless to say, she was distraught as she worried about what would become of "her horse", Lola (not actually her's, but the white lie is much cheaper than actually owning a horse). I explained that Lola will still be living with her friends at the ranch, but we would no longer be allowed to visit her. At that point, she told me I needed to give them money. They learn young. I explained that horses cost lots of money, and I didn't have enough to buy Lola. Suddenly, she exclaimed, "I have enough money!" She then ran off to retrieve her piggy bank full of about $2.00 in change.

So cute I could die.

This is why daddys buy their little girls horses.

3 comments:

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

That is the cutest thing ever, if only life were as simple for us as it is for kids. P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your hair it looks darling!

Amanda and Steve said...

I love her cowboy hat. And your hair looks great! I will be 30 in April - not too happy about that.

the lockes said...

What a sweet story-break my heart.