Friday, January 15, 2010

It's a Dirty Job ... and I've Got to Do IT!

Friday, January 15, 2010

I hate cleaning bathrooms. I've had to do it my whole life (well, I know I was doing it as early as middle school), and I loathe it. It's gross. It's even grosser (is that a word?) when you live with a ten year old boy. While we are on the subject, there is a reason boys are supposed to lift up the seat when they go to the bathroom. Why must they be reminded? The toilet was constructed that way for a specific purpose, and I for one, appreciate it when it is properly used.

On the other hand, I love to vacuum. It makes me so happy to see fresh vacuum tracks in the carpet. Everything seems so much cleaner and orderly with a freshly vacuumed floor. I find peace in that.

5 comments:

Paul and Deborah Speed said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Ha ha ha I couldn't agree more, but if I had a cute toilet like that I might not mind cleaning so much!

Lisa Marie Trent said...

How cute is that toilet seat cover? I was all excited to have you teach me how to construct such an adorable accent to my awful toilets...

but no.

We have a rule in the house. "He who uses the toilet the most- must clean it."

(there's a reason that says "he")

Carrie & Patrick said...

amen sister... boys are so gross. its gross when a 10 year cant lift the seat but when my 26 year old hubby cant seem to get it down its just ridiculous!

Steph said...

Amen on the vacuum tracks. Nothing brings me greater satisfaction. . .in the cleaning department :) PS Are you coming down this weekend? PSS HAPPY BIRTHDAY {yesterday}!