Saturday, October 11, 2008

A soap box moment ...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I know most of you have heard of the Proposition 8 battle going on in California, but I would be remissed if I didn't speak my mind on the subject.

If Proposition 8 doesn't pass, my children will be REQUIRED to learn about same-sex marriage as early as kindergarten. They will HAVE to know that a daddy and a daddy are as normal as a mommy and a daddy. That is not okay with me!!!!

Since when is it okay for schools to teach my children moral values? Since when is it okay for schools to teach my children that something that I see as a blatant sin is okay? Since when is it okay for me to have to keep my mouth shut if I even dare utter a negative comment against homosexual lifestyle, but the school that MY taxes pay for will tell my kids that their religious beliefs are unlawful and illegal?!

It will be a cold day in hell when I stand for that. Satan is disguising his plan to destroy families in a pretty little package called "tolerance" tied with a nice bow of "equality". That's crap. There is a bomb in that package and it's being sent to MY KIDS!!!

So, to all you virtual listeners who can make an impact, vote YES on Prop 8. Protect MY family. Protect MY kids. PROTECT JASON, BELLA, AND JONAH AND EVERY OTHER CHILD HERE IN CALIFORNIA AS WELL AS THOSE SPIRITS WHO HAVE NOT COME YET.

Also, visit this website http://www.protectmarriage.com/.

7 comments:

Taryn said...

you took the words right out of my mouth!

K+C=M+K said...

Amen sister! I cannot agree with you more. It's scary to think how close this vote is going to be also! I was reading that there's more "no" votes right now and that scares the crap outta me! I've made my phone calls and walked door to door and I feel like I need to do more to inform people.

Alexandra and Benjamin said...

AMEN! Well put, Deb.

The Mathews Family said...

Here Here! You hit the nail on the head. Satan is getting very creative.
-Jessica

kimberlee shaffer said...

I agree 100%!!! I signed up Sunday with my ward to make calls to California. I wish people would get this passionate about the election. If Obama gets into office I can promise you there will be a lot more of this going on!

Mitchell.Lindsay.Micah said...

Deb...I am back...into the blog world like you asked and I am so glad that you are here too! Miss you, can't wait to see you again! Love you and love the blog!
Linds

the lockes said...

Deb, along with your NOBAMA I couldn't agree more! Thank you for being brave enough to tell it like it is without being afraid of the backlash. I wanted to order like a zillion bumper stickers and buttons for the two of us. One that feels especially pertinent "I cling to my religion because liberals want to abolish it." Thanks for your post and for standing up for families!