Monday, September 29, 2008

A $65 Piece of Advice

Monday, September 29, 2008


For all you moms out there who have crazy toddlers running around throwing random items down your toilet, here's an insider tip on how to remove said item without having to pay a plumber. Shop-Vac. Apparently, you can shop-vac the blockage out of your toilet (assuming you have access to a shop-vac) as long as it hasn't gone past the bend in your pipes, thus avoiding the $65 fee (or however much it is for you) to hire a rooter man.

How do I know this, you ask? Because for the second time since having toddlers roam my home, I have had to call out a plumber to unclog our toilet (which he did with a shop-vac). The first time around, it was a dinosaur (the jury's still out on whether it was Bella or Jason who sent T-Rex for a swim). This time, the culprit was Jonah and his toilet-clogging item of choice was a pencil.

Gotta love surprises in your toilet.

3 comments:

Zobrist Family said...

I didnt even know you guys had a blog! Good! I'll add you!

The Mathews Family said...

What-ever Deb! If I had done all 199 quarts by myself... then I'd be pretty amazing. But I'm just sub-normal with a little sub-ambitious and sub-OCD thrown in. Hee Hee!

I fortunately haven't had to dig anything out of the toilet yet. Good to know, though. So do you have a shop vac? Would you be able to forget the next time that you used it that it had gone down your potty previously? Eek!

Dave and Janine Butters said...

Hey friend! I just found you on Jen Ross' blog and I added you to mine...yippee! It looks like things are going great for you guys and you have a super cute family:) Keep in touch - Janine