Friday, November 14, 2008

Tea Fire Update

Friday, November 14, 2008
So many of you have probably heard by now that Santa Barbara is in a state of emergency due to the Tea Fire which broke out last night right before 6 pm.  We first saw the fire at 6:30 last night as we were leaving dinner in Montecito.  We could tell it was close to our home so we rushed home, packed our stuff, and headed to Paul's parents' home in O.C.  We left just in time because our home lost power and then went under mandatory evacuation sometime during the middle of the night.  We are now just waiting and watching and praying our house will be safe.  The fire has grown to over 2500 acres and has burned over 100 homes.  We have several ward members/friends who live right where it started, and I hope they didn't lose their homes last night.  I will keep posting here as I have more info. 

3 comments:

shalynn said...

good luck. your home and ward will be in our thoughts and prayers!! scary.

Amy Gardner said...

I heard the news of the fire and was hoping I would see news of your safety here. Keep updates posted. We will pray for you! If you need anything, let us know. I know you have inlaws in OC but if you need any additional room, we are here too. Love and prayers...

Jen said...

I didn't know you were so close! Praying for you guys!