Thursday, November 5, 2009

Animal Activism Gone Awry

Thursday, November 5, 2009
Many of you know that my daughter, Bella, LOVES all animals with a fierce passion. Not just dogs and kittens, but giraffes and zebras, elephants and penguins, birds, fish, whatever; if it breathes and is not human, she adores everything about it. I am convinced that as soon as she finds out meat comes from animals, she will pledge to be a vegetarian.

Now, for my point. This morning at breakfast a nasty fly found it's way to the kitchen table. I think that flies are the most disgusting creatures alive and I hate them from the depths of my soul. They should not exist. So, naturally, I start swatting at the intruder.

All of a sudden Bella screams, "STOP!" I turn to her and ask what's wrong. This is her reply:

"He's just lost and trying to find his family. You need to leave him alone."

Are you kidding me?

4 comments:

Jennifer Hefti said...

Yes, my costume was inspired by the Office (not so much inspired, just copied). Your blog is looking great. Keep up the good work. Love ya! Jennifer

Angela said...

Wow! That is so funny! Sounds like me when I was young.

I had a dream about you last night that you didn't like the public school system over there so you started home schooling mainly cause that cute Bella wanted it just as passionately as saving the fly! Funny.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Maybe she's right, Deb. Did you ever stop to consider that?


No.

Steph said...

haha that's funny