Monday, April 20, 2009

A Decade

Monday, April 20, 2009

So, I was recently informed that my 10 year high school reunion was coming up in May.  I would say that makes me feel old, except I'm married to someone 6 years my senior and all our friends are, on average, 5-10 years older than me anyway, so I guess it had to come eventually.  Apparently, the planning committee for our reunion even has a blog www.altahigh1999.blogspot.com.  

Anyway, my question is this:  Who (of my high school class of 99 friends) is planning on attending this reunion?  I'm thinking about coming to Utah for it, but only if I know there will be some old friends there to connect with.  Anyone, anyone?  Bueller?

11 comments:

Nat said...

Just come to Utah and visit. You don't HAVE to go to the reunion...

Lisa Marie Trent said...

I'm actually going to throw my OWN party, and I'm going to recruit everyone to come to it.

MY party will be free.

So...that's kind of a selling point.

Jen said...

Eh, Jada was just asking me if I was going yesterday. I told her I wasn't yet sure. Swens just had twins, so I don't know if she'll be up to going, but I don't know.... what do you think?

Nat said...

I agree with Lisa. Let's have our own party.

Paul and Deborah Speed said...

I actually want to see some people because I pretty much moved right after high school, but it sounds like people are kind of hesitant. Whatever, I'm still coming to Utah at the end of May, so reunion or not, it would be fun to see you guys.

Lisa Marie Trent said...

Did they even say that kids are invited? I wanna see everyone's kids.

So MY party will be kid friendly.

Another selling point.

Brit H. said...

So I know that everyone is afraid to admit, and/or commit. Here is my thing. If it is lame, so what? We can leave. I am not 100% committed myself, but I am thinking that we will go. There ARE a lot of people that I don't really keep in touch with that I would still love to see.

What do ya think?

Paul and Deborah Speed said...

I'm not ashamed to admit it .. I want to go for the same reasons. Maybe you and I can hang out in the corner Brit while we watch the 10 other people that apparently are the only ones going. ;)

Lisa Marie Trent said...

when you people that DON'T live here LAND in UT, (deb, haley, etc.) THEN I will buy my ticket and go.

Maybe.

$65? Dang. I could get a nice pair of TOMS. Or a pile of junk from Forever. Or a 60 min massage.

Paul and Deborah Speed said...

I am coming on May 24th and staying through May 31st. So there you go.

The Ross Family said...

Yeah Deb! I'm so excited you are coming. I am planning on going and would love to hang out in the corner with you and Brit!